Works with Honeycomb (Android 3) only. If you’ve upgraded to ICS, you have to wait. Sorry!
UPDATED TO WORKAROUND THE ro.kernel.qemu MODE REMOVAL FROM ADBD
UPDATE 2: If rooting fails: do this
- Go to http://download.lenovo.com/slates/think/tablet1/ and download the OLDEST update (currently: tablet1/ThinkPadTablet_A310_02_0024_0060_US.zip)
- Put it on SD card and plug the SD card in the tablet
- On the tablet enable USB Debugging: [Settings->Applications->Developmnet->USB Debugging]
- Download the root script package here
- unpacking yareftpt2.zip will create directory: yareftpt
- (Windows only)If the lenovo driver is not installed on your PC, install it : http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS022366
- (Linux Only)Make sure adb is in your PATH
- Connect the tablet to the PC (USB)
- Make sure you know how to boot the tablet in Recovery mode:
– Shutdown, then start it, in the moment “LENOVO” image appears on the screen, press “Volume Up” few times
– You can navigate through the menu with the volume buttons, and select option with the power button
– If everything ok, just reboot in normal mode
- on the PC, go to command line, and navigate to that directory where you’ve unpacked the exploit download.
- On command line execute: run.bat
- Follow on-screen instructions
- execute ./run.sh
- Follow the on screen instructions
If rooting failed, do not retry immediately:
First reinstall your CURRENT update,
enable USB debugging
finally, redo the whole rooting procedure (including: Installation of VERY OLD update)
Ack: thanks to Driver’z on xda for discovering it
Ack: thanks to @djrbliss, without his tpt exploit this one would not be possible.
This program/instructions come with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.